Thursday, September 8, 2011

Radical by David Platt


I don't often recommend a book that I haven't actually read, but I am doing it this time - read "Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream" by David Platt. I've been reading from his website and taking advantage of the resources offered to help us grow in our faith through Bible reading, prayer and service all to bring glory to God.

See this interview with Focus on the Family to learn more.

I read the first chapter on-line here. I'm waiting for the book from my local library, but am pretty sure it is a book I will end up owning. Pray for me as I begin the radical experiment...

The website shares this:

"What part of the Gospel is optional?

It’s easy for American Christians to forget how Jesus said his followers would actually live, what their new lifestyle would actually look like. They would, he said, leave behind security, money, convenience, even family for him. They would abandon everything for the gospel. They would take up their crosses daily…

But who do you know who lives like that? Do you?"

No comments: