Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Christian Acts of Kindness

This book is a quick read that is full of simple acts of kindness. The stories shared show that kindness doesn't have to be random, but can be a way of life. As Christians we want to do what Christ would do... would HE take the time to help a person in need? of course HE would. Sometimes in this busy world that we are traveling through we can get preoccupied with our own goals and forget about the needs of others. We must remember that our time here is temporary, but the compassion we show to others can have eternal dividends. This book encourages the reader to treat all people with kindness - not just those we determine are deserving of our kindness and love. Helen Keller once said: "I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." What can you do? What will you do to bring glory to our Heavenly Father by loving HIS children?

No comments: