Sunday, May 11, 2008

Books from my Daughter

For Mother's Day my eight year old daughter persuaded her father to shop for my gifts at the Christian Bookstore. I'm told that she marched up to the sales associate and politely asked if they carried books by Randy Alcorn. The associate asked her if she was seeking adult or children's books. My daughter told her, "Adult." The associate then asked if she was reading adult books already and she assured her that the book was for me. My daughter found the book, Heaven by Randy Alcorn and was just pleased with herself because she knows how much I enjoy reading Randy's books. She also picked up a little book called, God Thinks You're Wonderful, Mom by Max Lucado. She was quite thrilled to announce that both books were on sale - a woman after my own heart. My sweet, little girl also selected the most amazing Mother's Day card that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I'm so glad God blessed my life with the treasure of this little girl!

She is an avid reader - maybe I will let her share about one of her books on my blog sometime.

No comments: