Friday, March 6, 2009

Eat This Not That! by David Zinczenko with Matt Goulding


This is the second book in the series that I reserved from my library and I have one more on hold. I've enjoyed flipping through the pages and finding out that some of my favorite foods are not so good. Many are common sense, but others are tricky - for instance you might think eating a Lean Cuisine dinner is a good option (although you'd still be hungry when you are done - just my opinion) but the authors on pages 230 and 231 suggest that it would be better to eat Birds Eye Pasta Primavera instead. The Lean Cuisine meal actually has more fat, sodium and calories than the Birds Eye meal.
One thing I noticed is that sometimes there is no great option listed because they are comparing two items that aren't necessarily good for you. BUT if you are planning on eating at XYZ restaurant anyhow it's best to know your options.
Check your local library or bookstore for a copy of this useful book. For more info, a quiz, a book preview and more check out the book's website.
ISBN 1-59486-854-9

No comments: