Friday, October 31, 2008

Waiting for Daybreak by Kathryn Cushman

When I heard about this book, I quickly checked my library to see if it was available because I previously read and enjoyed another book by Kathryn (Katie) Cushman - A Promise to Remember. It was well written and the characters were interesting, so I decided that I would read Waiting for Daybreak. Now I plan to read anything Katie writes.

This book presents two women, Paige and Clarissa, with different strengths, goals and motivations. Both characters are likable at the beginning, but as you read on you may find yourself in the corner of one of them. They are both desperate to succeed for different reasons, and find themselves at odds with each other. Both young women compromise their standards for different reasons, but ultimately painful lessons are learned.

For a great recommendation check out what Kay wrote about Waiting for Daybreak at Books and Starbucks.

To find more books by Katie Cushman check her web site.

Warning - some spoiler issues - Discussion Questions

No comments: