Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We Believe in Christmas by Karen Kingsbury

When I found out that Karen Kingsbury had a new Christmas book for children, I requested that my library purchase the book for their collection. Today I was pleased to pick up a brand new copy of the book. The book is probably an interest level of ages 2 - 8. It could easily be read alone by a young child. Personally, I think its fun to read books like this to younger children. It has a beautiful message that old and young will appreciate. Daniel Brown did a wonderful job illustrating the book with great detail.

From Karen Kingsbury's website:

We Believe in Christmas rises to the challenge of making the true meaning of Christmas shine brighter than today’s secularized version. This inspiring story connects the contemporary Christmas glitz to its origins. “And if we want the perfect star to shine upon our tree, look and see that Brightest Star, and there will Christmas be.”

No comments: