Friday, November 14, 2008

Merciless by Robin Parrish

This last book in the Dominion trilogy was my favorite (though the darkest) by far. I'm a fan of superheros and have always secretly wished I possessed a special power of some sort, (admit it so have you) so it was fun to read about ordinary people who became superheros. All three books deal with prophesy, but not Biblical prophesy. I enjoyed the conspiracy type plot and the fact that not everything was given to the reader on a silver platter. Robin kept me reading because I wanted to know what would happen next. There was a lot of violence in this book - it made me think about how so many people live in the middle east and throughout the world without the safety and security we enjoy in the United States.

My favorite part of the book is a wrestling match (never thought I would say that), but I can't tell you who was involved or why - don't want to spoil your fun. It made me look closer at my own motivations and why I do what I do in many areas of my life. This book can entertain and challenge.

Dominion Trilogy


Book 1 - Relentless


Book 2 - Fearless


Book 3 - Merciless



Inside Front Jacket says:

FROM THE EARTH’S DEPTHS
CRAWLS A FIGURE WITH SKIN LIKE
GRANITE, FLAMES FOR EYES,
AND THE FACE OF GRANT BORROWS.

OBLIVION HAS
ARRIVED.

Every clock around the world has stopped.
Time has frozen.

The Secretum have fulfilled the prophecy,
unleashing on earth the most powerful being
to walk the earth in thousands of years. His
name is Oblivion and his touch is death.

He can’t be slowed.

He can’t be stopped.

And he can’t be killed.

But as long as any live who trust in hope and
love and freedom, the fight is not over.

THEY HAVE ONLY ONE CHANCE
BEFORE HE BRINGS FORTH THE
DARKWORLD.

OBLIVION IS:
MERCILESS


Chapters 1-3 Excerpt

I recently read that Robin Parrish is working on a stand-alone story currently titled OFFWORLD. After that book he is planning a supernatural thriller that he says, "might just be the best idea I’ve ever had." I am anxiously waiting for his new books.

No comments: