Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Opening Windows Compiled by Mary Fairchild

I spent a few weeks reading this book because I wanted to stretch it out and take bits and pieces slowly to give me a chance to absorb them. It isn't really profound or even anything new, but its a breath of fresh air from many authors, such as Max Lucado, Gary Smalley, Joni Eareckson Tada, Wayne Watson, Philip Yancey, Bill Hybels and more. Each chapter starts with a quote and Scripture verse, followed by a reflection. At the end of each chapter there is a section entitled "Your Fresh Take" and it asks the reader to consider different elements from the chapter and to make application to life. It ends with a short prayer that starts like this... "Lord, as I open..." (in reference to the open windows in the title).

It is a book that you could buzz through quickly or one that you could spend some time thinking through the questions. I think it would be productive to journal the answers to "Your Fresh Take." Actually, I'm going to use several of them in my other blog - Actions Speak Loudest. For an example, check out this post and/or this post.

For info on Mary Fairchild who compiled the book go here.

Happy reading and growing in Jesus!

No comments: