Friday, August 22, 2008

Your Pregnancy week by week (6th edition) by Glade B. Curtis and Judith Schuler

Your Pregnancy week by week by Glade B. Curtis, M.D., M.P.H. and Judith Schuler, M.S. is a terrific resource for mom's to be. The newest edition (copyright 2008 - 6th edition) is by far the best of all the editions. I like how they have incorporated weekly exercises with each week of pregnancy. Of course all exercise must be approved by your OB prior to starting any plan especially if you haven't exercised in the past.

I had been faithfully exercising for over three years when I fell walking in my church parking lot at 15 weeks pregnant. I had some complications and my doctor told me that I needed to skip the gym for a little over a month. When I was finally cleared to return, I decided not to since the restrictions put on me were ones that I wasn't sure I would follow at the gym. I'm the kind of person who likes to do more or better than the day before and since its not an option now, I've decided to resume my gym membership after delivery. I've been going to our local water park with the kids and walking in the lazy river, but not as much as I would like. Soon the water park will be closed for the season and I will need to start walking in my neighborhood and then it will be cooler too.

Back of the book says:

Your Pregnancy Week by Week is the most medically up-to-date comprehensive pregnancy guide available. Doctors recommend it. Pregnant couples rely on it. And readers love it!

The week-by-week format lets you look for changes and compare the details of your pregnancy based on the same weekly schedule your doctor uses. With more than 80 new topics added, this best-selling completely updated edition covers new trends, products and safety recommendations.

Authoritative and easy to use, the book includes:

* Detailed descriptions of baby's developmental milestones each week

* Clear illustrations of how mother and baby are changing and growing

* The latest information about medical tests and procedures

* Tips on nutrition, your overall health and the way your actions affect baby

* Safe weekly exercises to help mother stay in shape and comfortable

* Helpful hints for the father-to-be and information on how a pregnancy affects a couple.

If you are expecting or trying to conceive buy or borrow a copy of this invaluable pregnancy resource. Also check out this website for more pregnancy tools and resources.

No comments: